BACON CAPRESE SALAD
Author: Dinner at the Zoo
Recipe type: Salad
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 16 basil leaves
- 8 slices of cooked Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon, cooked and cut in half crosswise
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 4 cups of arugula leaves
- 1 and ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the arugula onto a platter. Place rows of tomato slices on the platter. Tuck slices of cheese, bacon, avocado and basil leaves in between the tomato slices.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the tomato mixture and serve immediately.